Thursday, May 28, 2009

My only friend, the end

I'm retiring from teaching this year! I'll miss it. I love the kids, but I hate grading, I hate the bureaucracy, I HATE the stupid workshops, seminars, and meetings that have nothing to do with my class, I'm not particularly thrilled with the salary (catholic schools pay about 40% less than public schools--but you have to pay the same in college tuition to keep your license current), etc.

I do love teaching, and I will miss it. I will miss it terribly.

I am very excited that my senior portrait photography business has taken off to the extent that it has become a burden to continue teaching. I'll be focusing on the photography from now on--and I'll actually have some time to create new paintings! I'm also excited about that!--as are my art dealers.

No comments: